Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chilean hospitals

Sooo today I had my second Chilean hospital experience. The first time was in San Pedro de Atacama (north Chile)... when I got food poisoning. This time, earlier today I had a fever of 39 degrees Celsius.. which is 102degrees Fahrenheit and a swollen throat. So it was a party!

I'm feeling way better tho... I got a shot in the "poto" (butt) haha... I was really afraid before the shot because the doctor said he suggested doing it cuz it's a one-time thing unlike the oral medication BUUUT it will hurt "ALTO" (which means it will hurt a lot). And he emphasized how painful it would be. I was a little scared haha. It wasn't too bad though. The doctors were all really nice and I have to say, my Chilean hospital experiences have been good. They've all been super nice and they've given me meds that help me out every time so far. I already feel way better than I did like 5 hours ago. I'm hoping I feel even better tomorrow cuz I have my first test for my poetry class Tuesday. Unfortunately, I had planned on doing a lot of studying for it today... so we'll see how that goes :/.

No comments:

Post a Comment